Here are some paragraphs about our ACM and the Madison Chapter of the AGO. The source is 2012 directory:
“The Madison Chapter of the American Guild of Organists was chartered on September 14, 1953, as the outgrowth of work that was begun in June 1947 by Ruth Pilger Andrews, Paul Jones and others, meeting as the Wisconsin Association of Church Musicians. WACM held annual hymn and choir festivals and organ recitals; their major legacy was the establishment in 1949 of the Louise Fulcher Memorial Library, and extensive catalog of organ and choral music now part of the Fulcher-Scidmore Sacred Music Collection housed at the Rock Prairie United Presbyterian Church, 8605 East Country Road A, Janesville, WI 53545 (phone: 608-752-1172, website: wwwrockprairiechurch.org).
In 1984, with the encouragement of Edward Hugdahl of the UW-Extension, the Madison Chapter of the American Guild of Organists was reorganized as the Association of Church Musicians, a broad-based group designed to attract church musicians of every interest and at every proficiency level, and to involve churches themselves in their musicians’ ongoing education by replacing AGO Chapter dues with church memberships. More than two hundred churches in fifty-eight communities in south-central Wisconsin and northern Illinois have joined the ACM since its inception.”